Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clicking Noise from dash on start up

05LVH

Reaction score
Members Ride
5L VH/ V6 VE
if you switch it to the windscreen and it doesnt return back to your face when selected, you have found the issue, I had this go wrong with mine, its a $12 part and easy to replace, however I was told they need to be programmed at a further cost.

I fixed mine myself, they dont use the whole circumfrence of the gear, i pulled mine about, rotate the gear 180 and reassemble, been going like that for 12 months

Nervegas

Reaction score
Members Ride
'11 ve ss thunder ute
My mum's '09 ve ss has been doing the same thing recently and her dealer doesn't have a clue. Will get onto them about that now

brockodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
Voodoo Blue 2010 VE SV6 Manual Sedan
I asked the dealer mechanic/tecnician about the 2 knocking noises shortly after starting up (within 30 seconds) supposedly it is the abs system running a test .

Mikemga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V (2006)
I have the dreaded clicking coming from my dash on start up also (VE Calais). How do I get at the actuators to check the gears?

Nervegas

Reaction score
Members Ride
'11 ve ss thunder ute
Well just got my mothers 09 ss back from it's 15k service and asked them about the clicking and they said it was the cd player and didn't know how to go about it. How about changing the player u knob jockeys. :/ will be taking it to another dealership along with my ss from now on

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I have the dreaded clicking coming from my dash on start up also (VE Calais). How do I get at the actuators to check the gears?

First determine which side the noise is. Pass side u need to remove glovebox and console side trims. Drivers side you need to remove the trim under the steering wheel, trim above pedals and console side trim. Theres 2 on each side so put your hand on each one then turn ign on and you will feel which is clicking. The top ones are a bastard to change btw :)