Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clicking noise from drives side power window relay in VX.

GerardTLW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX wagon
I have a drivers side electric window issue. The window will not go down and there is a clicking sound coming from the relay/fuse box under the dash.
I have removed the window winder motor and tested it on a spare battery and its working fine both up and down.
I plugged the motor back into the door wiring to test it on the car and again clicking on the down only but working on the up.
I have stripped the wires back from the motor wiring plugs to test the wiring hoping that the fault was in the plug. Without the motor attached at all but testing with a testing light to the door wiring there is power on the up but clicking on the down. If I swap the tester around the same occurs. Power on the up and clicking on the down.
I have swapped the relays around the test the relay and there is no difference.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
cheers

Froga

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Calais 2001 s PAC
Same problem vx s PAC sedan switch or wires or motor

Zandalee Rose

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
my vx is doing this exact same thing.
I've ruled out the switch being the problem as I put another one in that was definitely working but still just ticked and didn't move. I ruled out the motor as I connected it to the battery and it works.
I ruled out the relay as I swapped the relays over and it still didn't fix the problem.
I'm reading power from the wires coming from both the bcm and behind the relay but no power to the plug in the door.
I'm so stuck on what to do now.

rodney slingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
Check to see if the wires are good to the door might be cut or Brocken