Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clicking sound at high rpms

Wils commo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 vp commodore
Hey i need a hand im not sure what it is when i start my vp 5speed its alright i put my foot down and theres a clickung sound but when i put presure on the clutch it stops im not sure but i think its the plate but would like to know from people who have a better idear on cars then i do

Geek2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina 3.8L
How much pressure on the clutch pedal? If its just a little bit of pressure and not reaching the friction point yet I would suspect the clutch pedal spring. This spring puts just a little bit of downwards pressure on the clutch pedal and makes the throughout bearing contact the pressure plate, if that spring is broken (common) the throughout bearing will be rattling and moving around.

To test the spring you could either get your head under the pedal and have a look, or lift the pedal up a bit and see if it springs back down.

Aside from that it could be a loose bearing, the throughout bearing uses a plastic retainer that could be munted or the clutch fork could be warped and allowing the bearing to move around a bit.

How old is the clutch? and do you know if the clutch fork rubbers were replaced when the clutch went in?