Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clicking sound inside interior front Console on start up

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
gokz77, ive done two in an 1 1/2 hr or so have to take glovebox out for the top one, both on the passengers side, have had a look at the drivers side and the top screw is a pain same as on the passenger side have a look at Riceys post (#12) bit more info for you, they are not hard just takes a bit of time and wriggling to get yourself into the right position

Bigetho281

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6 UTE
You absolute legend. I'm lucky I checked this again, trying to find this thread link to help someone else. Thank you so much, will get this done asap and let you know what I find. Hopefully others have the same problem.

Also general note for anyone interested; Ricey you might find this weird:
If you are having this problem and cant demist your windshield
1. (turn the car off) hold in the rear demister (square) button and turn ingition to accessories. Hold the button for around 10-15 seconds and you will hear the vents realigning, release the button
.(realigning wont fix this issue completely).
2. If you get this right, repeat the process, but this time halfway through the vents realigning themselves turn the car on and release the button. If you get it right you will have heat coming through your front demister vents but no where else. Doesnt fix the issue but you at least will be able to see.

This "general note" fixed my problem completely, i had no control over over any vents and also had no heat at all. THANKYOU SO SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
This "general note" fixed my problem completely, i had no control over over any vents and also had no heat at all. THANKYOU SO SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

You're welcome, really glad it's working for you.

Releasing the demister button and turning off the car half way through the vents aligning will cause them to stop aligning, if you time it just right the vents will align to the centre position and push out hot air again.
The actuator that controls the right vent is what caused the fail as ricey pointed out. I was quoted $500-650 to get it fixed but couldn't afford it at the time. So I came up with solution above and it's still working to this day.