Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climate Control Fan issue

Aryashahin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Calais supercharged V6
Hi all,
I am having issues with my climate control fan.The AC goes on but the fan wont wont work on 1,2,3 but does function on high setting.
I do know there is a treat in forum on fixing Climate Control Fan or Blower Speed Resistor or Controller,https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/climate-control-fan-blower-speed-resistor-controller.87062 but how do i know if its the fan or the resistor. and if its the fan where do i purchase either of them?/ would they be available at Holden parts ? Do auto electrician charge a lot to have them replaced?/

Also my rear seat driver site power window doesn't work , winding down work fine from rear swich but it wound go back up. It works fine from central dash bottons? could the switch be faulty?

==================================

thanks

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
90% its going to be the resistor. Shouldnt cost too much to buy and it's a 30 minute max job to do.

Window, if it goes up and down from the centre buttons then it's going to be the rear switch.

Aryashahin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Calais supercharged V6
tanx Sabbath got a quote from Holden parts for resistor @ & $ 90 and $31 for the switch..

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Climate control models don't use a resistor pack, they use a transistor/mosfet. The transistor should last the life of the vehicle unlike the resistors which eventually burn out. You will probably find that a small metal link has popped off the transistor unit due to a dry solder joint. All you need to do is take it out, resolder the joint and it'll work 100% again.

As for the switch, take it apart and clean the contacts. You may need to use steel wool or high grit sandpaper to remove the oxidisation from where the metal contacts touch. There are also small globes in the rear window switches which will almost certainly be blown. They light up the entire time the car is running, and generally only last a couple of years. I've retrofitted my switches with LEDs.
Also a heads up about the rear window switches - they run normally closed contacts which the power from the front switches pass through. So if ever a front switch stops working, the rear switch could be the problem! The front switches are a much more robust design and less prone to failure.

Last edited: