Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climate control question

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssz crewman, wm caprice, 2018 prado, hq Belmont u
The climate control in my Calais has several issues, the primary one being that it doesn't work. No heat, no cooling.

I get a hissing noise behind the dash somewhere and can't change can direction or even vent air into the car.

Furthermore, the LCD display is damaged.

First question however:
How the hell do you reconnect the hollow tube to the bottom of the controller once you've had it off? The tube seems too short.

I recently pulled the dash out and trying to hook this up was a (unsuccessful) nightmare...

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Don't remember having any particular problems removing/replacing the ECC unit in my VS Calais, but then it was a long time ago and my memory is not great these days.

Refer to the diagram attached below. Does your aspirator tube look as though it has been shortened? Rather than removing/replacing the duct from the ECC module, the instructions in the Holden VS Service manual say that you should disconnect the duct from the other end. I don't recall doing that.

"Unplug the aspirator duct from the heater/evaporator case and remove the aspirator tie strap. Partially remove (ECC) control assembly, disengage electrical harness connector, in-car sensor connector and remove the control assembly."

upload_2019-5-27_19-7-40.png

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssz crewman, wm caprice, 2018 prado, hq Belmont u
Thanks, makes sense.