Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climate control unit losing vacuum ?

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Driving along, if I put the foot down a bit (say going up a hill or overtaking) I seem to lose a/c blower to the face.

I had a similar situation in a VS Calais - and it's the solenoid controller that sat under the stereo.

Has anyone been here with the VY ? Any tips would be appreciated!

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Sweet - looks like a very similar unit to the one used in the vs - but in a more accessible position. Thanks for that.

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
I finally got arouns to installing brand new actuator solenois control - no change :(

I have checked the one way valve on the vacuum line in the engine bay - what's next?

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
My check valve is ok - will check the line up to and including the tank - and look into the 'vacuum valve' (if I can find it) - but if it looks like being one of the three actuators being faulty, It probably goes into the too hard basket as it's not that big a problem (at this stage). Thanks for the links/infos

H Bomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
can anyone tell me where the engine check valve, vacumn tank and vacumn valve are in the VYII, everyone tells me that there is a black valve in the engine bay between the engine and the firewall but I can't find it, sorry to be a pain.

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
The check valve is - as you say - between the engine and the firewall. It is half black, half white and has like a black 3mm (?) tube going out each end.

ARATIC

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hot House VY SS
Vacuum tank is behind the glove box on the left, and I think the vacuum valve is behind the stereo or fan controls.

Have a good read through the thread in my above post everything you need to know is in there

ron_finlay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY R8
I have got round round the problem in my VY Clubby by adding a VL vacuum tank & connecting it up to the hose running in front of the bulkhead via a T-piece. Took 10 minutes, cost 20 bucks in total & fault has disappeared!!