Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

climate control

L

Larry

Hi
My VS has always taken forever for the climate control "heating" to kick in on a cold morning. Sometimes up to about 15 minutes. Put a new engine thermostat in but no differance. Any ideas?

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
cooling system flush and clean and new coolant would be a good idea...

M

mwb235

that sounds like my VR on chilly winter Bathurst mornings - at least 10 probably 15 minutes mine takes. I would say since the heat is from the motor, 15 minutes is normal. My old VL was the same, too.

dontsailbackwards

I didn't do it
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais V6 '94
Mine had the fan relay permanently earthed when I got it so it took ages to warm up. Well, the wiring to the fan warmed up pretty quickly but that was about it. Mine takes about 10 minutes to warm my toes first thing in the morn.

Hytes

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS Berlina S1
Yeah DSB, I have the same probz ... takes my Climate Control Heating a good 10-15 mins to kick in. This will be the first winter I will take my Berlina through as I've only had the car for four months. Thought this "warming-up time" was strange but normal?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
In the winter, set the climate control to auto and turn off the air conditioning. See if that make a difference. The other thing you could try is replacing the heater water valve.

R

RUSSELL H

that is a feature of the system as it won`t start working till engine temp gets up

statesman_vs_s1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman Series 1 V6
VS V6 Statesman climate control takes approx 3-4kms of normal driving @ 60km/h to warm heater up properly, thats been current with 3 degree mornings. Once engine it to normal temp everything works fine even when its cold cold weather. Like anything thing a good few minutes is acceptable, but dunno about 15minutes. Maybe your cooling system is too efficent and car doesnt heat up as quick as it should? Partially open thermostat thats letting cold water flow into motor too quickly?

S

sik_vr_statesman

in the vr series statesman manual, it says... (remember, the heater uses heat generated from the engine. Therefore hot air is not available until the engine starts to warm up. if the ambient (outside) temp is below 18c and heating is required the fan will not automatically switch on-until the engine starts to warm up and hot air is available.)

hope this helps