Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clock for lumina

faisal27

Reaction score
Members Ride
CALAIS LS v6 3.6
i have removed the Cassate player that comes in the car and installed 2 din lcd. any the problem is i dont have a clock in the car now.. is there anyway i can put a clock and place in the car and which clock? does anyone tried it?

batty_123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY
pretty sure u can buy a little LED clock from like supercheap or them sorta places... on the back they hav a strip of double sided tape and u jus clean the surface ur going to put it on then stick it wherever u wish....

and yeah u can press a button and it lights up blue or wateva tahts wat i did with my old commodore... doesnt your new din show the time?? u can set it cant you on the CD player??

faisal27

Reaction score
Members Ride
CALAIS LS v6 3.6
pretty sure u can buy a little LED clock from like supercheap or them sorta places... on the back they hav a strip of double sided tape and u jus clean the surface ur going to put it on then stick it wherever u wish....

and yeah u can press a button and it lights up blue or wateva tahts wat i did with my old commodore... doesnt your new din show the time?? u can set it cant you on the CD player??

I found one but it is powered by car cigratte place.. i want it to work with battery or cell

235rwkw

Reaction score
cassette player? they never had those fitted....

the lcd doesn't have a time display option?

wear a watch maybe. you don't want some cruddy little clock stuck somewhere.

expensive option is put a statesman dash surround in that has a spot for a clock up the top.

faisal27

Reaction score
Members Ride
CALAIS LS v6 3.6
cassette player? they never had those fitted....

the lcd doesn't have a time display option?

wear a watch maybe. you don't want some cruddy little clock stuck somewhere.

expensive option is put a statesman dash surround in that has a spot for a clock up the top.

my lumina had a cassate player before i installed that LCD.. LCD have a time display option but it dissapear after 5 seconds and again i have to press OSD button.

235rwkw

Reaction score
my lumina had a cassate player before i installed that LCD.. LCD have a time display option but it dissapear after 5 seconds and again i have to press OSD button.

oh forgot, they did didn't they, combo CD, cassette, radio unit forgot all about that i had one but never used the cassette part, so long ago now...

when you said cassette i was thinking thats all it was but they were a combo unit

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
Why don't you put a statesman dash in it and then you'll have a pretty cool clock where the trip computer buttons are. I did it to my calais and it wasn't very expensive or even hard to do but it makes the car look really good.

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
I got a Statesman clock and cut a hole in my dash - fit the clock below the trip computer switch - does the job.

The statesman setup - with the clock on top and trip computer switch below is better, I sometimes think I'd like to switch to the statesman dash - but it's too much money for such a small thing.

Attachments

• Clock.jpg
    Clock.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 8,365
Last edited:

faisal27

Reaction score
Members Ride
CALAIS LS v6 3.6
from where I can get Statesman Clock? can I find on ebay? and how will I power it? and how can I cut the dash? thx alot

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
Ebay is not a bad place to look. They don't come to often but I got my dash with all the switches and clock for about $100 which I don't think is too bad and I've seen them go even cheaper. The clock is easy to wire up also, it's just 4 wires 2 to power the clock and 2 for the lights.

If you go the statesman dash you get the woodgrain or silver fascia also which doesn't over power the interior like painting the whole dash or the calais woodgrain does.