Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clock spring recommendation ?

SV6SLAVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 auto
Hi guys - curious took car in to get it checked for lights comming on and off on steering wheel (series 1 sv6 ,2009 sedan ve), and in the notes on the recommendations from holden it says :

clock springs $440 (92234063 bris) ......what is this ?

Lady at desk said that she didnt know too much about it and that gentlemen that checked car for me was just out testing a car so couldnt ask him.

Cheers :hmmm:

Titleist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE s2 SSV
basically it's an electrical connector between the steering wheel and the column that allows the steering wheel to turn and still pass current through it at any position the wheel is at...

what lights on the steering wheel ? i got a S2 SSV and havn't noticed any lights on the wheel...lol
in my case , the clock spring allows me to change music volume etc etc in whatever position the wheel is at...

SV6SLAVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 auto
ok , so by lights on steering wheel - i mean the lights for the stereo controls etc also. - hmmm i think i just answered my own question with your help - ok so original complaint about lights flickering as i turn corners (on stereo control etc) is related to clock spring issue ....god i can be so vague sometimes , thankyou for your help. I wish that holden would at least gve a decent discription/information surrounding things like this. Ok so the $440 pricing on it - is that over board ?

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Is the $440 price fitted, or supply only ?
You could always try pricing from a wrecker ?
(To give you an example, I got a clock spring from an AU Falcon for my old EF for around $20).
I dont know how much it would go for from a wrecker, but to be honest, they should be very easy to procure,
(Every Series 1 VE Commodore model uses the same clockspring, from an Omega, right up to a HSV Grange).

Just make sure if you do get one, its from a Series I.
(The Series II clocksprings have different Airbag connectors, so if you get a later one, you will need to change the airbag as well)...

(A quick note about removing clocksprings).
With the steering wheel removed, carefully mark the clock spring module position using a pencil or permanent marker, in relation to the steering wheel column shaft position.

Note : it is VERY important that the clock spring module is not rotated in relation to the steering column shaft position, as this may damage the clockspring module when the vehicle is next driven.

Hope this helps

Titleist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE s2 SSV
i paid attention to the steering wheel on my SSV tonight and yes there is faint lights on the buttons....
i just thought it was painted white..lol