Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

clubsport bodykit on vy

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
Fair Call.

Yeh, fair Call, Do what you wan't, But Leave HSV alone!! Go another kit, look almost as good!! The only car's that should have a HSV Body Kit is a Genuine HOLDEN SPECIAL VEHICLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Nah, i've decided if the boy can't buy a HSV (Holden Special Vehicle) them let him build his own HSV (Holden SH*TTY Vehicle). :p Just make sure you put that "I just want one" sticker on it and in ur can it'll ring true!
Sorry, its early, im tired and i couldn't help myself

VYClubby

Proud Clubby Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
294rwkw Oztrack Tuned 220 cam
Yeh, fair Call, Do what you wan't, But Leave HSV alone!! Go another kit, look almost as good!! The only car's that should have a HSV Body Kit is a Genuine HOLDEN SPECIAL VEHICLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one has a problem with using a kit. Just don't have the badges on it.

belave

vt low rider
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commadore
ok well i have realised that half of the guys on this site dont actually care about helpin anyone out when they post but they just like to show how maad their car is and all the **** the person has done wrong! like fair enough a few points of critismn would be good but some of the stuff some of use have said is pretty low! i could argue forever with some of use but use are set in your ways so theres no point..first off let me just get things clear all i want is a bodykit for it and so far the vy clubby kit is my fav but if that changes then a different one will be going on it second of all i didnt realise there were other holden badges that i could have put on cause i honestly didnt want the clubby ones cause i no thats pretty gay but ive seen ones without badges and to me the first thing i think is thats missing sumthing...and yes i mean sumthing besides the v8 engine! look im not gonna get vy clubby mags or leave it so it looks like one im planning to lower it and put "fully sick" 20 inch chrome mags on it and yes maybe sum ppl mite say is that a done up clubby but seriously i cant help that i would if i could! i just want the best looking vy and in my eyes it will be with that kit on it! so if anyone at all on this site is actually out here to maybe help me out then let me no and for davey you are an absolute ******** i just wish u lived near me so i could show u how cool u really are! haha but anyway thanx for the other ppl that have helped me out a lil bit with the badges n stuff and yeah thats it.

chappy

VY2 R8 Clubsport
Reaction score
Website
www.hsv-holden.com.au
Members Ride
VY2 R8 Clubsport
Sad, sad, sad! Trying to make your car look like something it's not is bad enough, but then to put the Clubby badges on will REALLY make you look like a tool.

Enthusiasts will always be able to tell it's a fake. Even non-enthusiasts will go "I beat one of those VY Clubbies off the lights the other day - man they're slow!" So you'll give HSV's a bad rep.

Why don't you get an aftermarket bodykit or save up and get a REAL Clubby! :bang:

You read my mind, I am not worried about the off the lights rubbish but I don't aggree with the making a v6 sedan look like a clubby becasue they just don't.

Save your dollars and buy one I did and it took me a long time I might add.

Cheers

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
go something different, like a kit from sydney special vehicles, for example the SSX sytle one

thumb_COMMODORE_VY_2053_1.jpg

thumb_COMMODORE_VY_1546_2.jpg

its not evereyones cup of tea, but its different and it wont look like a try hard HSV

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
Im for it, get yourself the bodykit, as it will make the car look nicer. Dont listen to the people fully bagging you out, but on the same note, realise that this is a just commodores forum. What that means is that although your entitled to your own opinion, you are asking for trouble when it comes to messing around with HSV parts on a standard car.

After awhile, people get over this issue though (look at cheetr's car, monaro front end, senator coulsons, etc etc,) but most people love this car. VN2NV is another example, this car goes beyond just a clubby kit, read he's thread and you'll see what I mean. I will be doing it to my car aswell at some point, but with an SSX front end, and with some custom made super6 badges. There will be no hsv badges at all, only holden, because I dont want the same type of clubby copy that everyone else has.

And as for the buy a real one arguement, I dont want an 8, not because I cant afford one, I just dont want one. But as they say, each to their own....

---edit---
The SSX full bodykit dosent look real nice, and dosent have a rear end, only skirts from memory.

chappy

VY2 R8 Clubsport
Reaction score
Website
www.hsv-holden.com.au
Members Ride
VY2 R8 Clubsport
Hey those kits look very smick, I like them.

With a nice paint job they would stand out very nicely.

:thumbsup:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
...and for davey you are an absolute ******** i just wish u lived near me so i could show u how cool u really are!

An absolute what? Have I made any personal insults towards you? You asked for people's opinions, so I'm giving you mine. And if you read the rest of this thread, you'll see that 90% of the others here agree with me.

I'm not trying to be "cool" so I don't know where you got that from. It's easy to tell by your posts that YOU are the ****. At least I'm literate...

At the end of the day, you can do whatever you want to your car, but just don't expect any road respect from us. That's all.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
That SSX kit looks wicked in the orange!