Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clubsport clicking noise over bumps?

velo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SS - Black Edition
Hey Guys.

I own a 2009 VE Clubsport sedan and am getting this really annoying metallic noise whenever I go over small bumps in the road, it sounds as though its coming from the rear wheel but not 100% sure.
Its almost like a clicking sound and it sounds as though something is loose/broken.
Any suggestions as to what it could be?

Thanks.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
could be a loose exhaust clamp or worn rubbers,maybe a shock too,does it do the noise when you push down on the rear,if it does its more than likely your shocks,i had similar noises happening in my car which I put down worn rubbers etc,however when I replaced the exhaust from cats back all the noises disappeared.
just my experiences so hope this helps

vr355stroker

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 clubby w/Ls3, 05 VZ Lumina
I have the same thing!! ....mine sounds like a cable is hitting the underside of the floor going over bumps and it's only on the left rear,Ive looked and found nothing :bang:
I've hit just about everything with a rubber mallet and still can't find where it's coming from..
I'm going ta look at the shocks today....hope it's it ,then it's an excuse to buy my coilovers :rockon:

velo

Reaction score
Members Ride
I got under the car and tried to see if anything was loose and it doesn't seem like anything is. Sounds like its coming from around the wheel area. If I take it to pedders and get one of them $28 suspension checks they should be able to tell me right?

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
If it's a metallic clicking it could be the brake pads in the calipers. Very common if pads changed recently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
as above and pedders may find it and they may not,depends what check it is they do where you take it,if they have a machine they put the whole car on and test it that way it may show up if its suspension related..will tick one thing off the list anyways-lol
I had the pedders check done a couple of weeks ago and was not to happy with the service or the quality of how they tested it,i could have done it myself if I had a hoist
check out the pedders site for locations of the new machine they use to test the suspension etc
its called testlane plus

also as above it could be the brake pads too

velo

Reaction score
Members Ride
It does sound as though its coming from the brake pads. How do I go about a fixing it if it is?

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
First of all check that the likely culprit is brake system related.

Run over a bump to cause the noise. Then run over that bump a couple of times at the same speed whilst the brakes are being applied firmly and see if the noise disappears. If the noise does not disappear I would be looking elsewhere for the source.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
It does sound as though its coming from the brake pads. How do I go about a fixing it if it is?

there are a couple threads on here relating to this,from memory shims or anti squeal pads are supposed to be installed,i could be wrong
best to do a search