Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cluster lights and speed alert not working

T

tgolds1

i took my dash cluster out yesterday and when i put it back in my dash lights didnt work. all cables are connected and all other lights work. the speed alert lights up but doesnt show any numbers on it (blank screen). any help would be appreciated.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
check the connections again and make they are in the right way and plugged to the right spot.

Banno

A Ute is your destinty...
Reaction score
Website
shanebannisterphotography.com
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Bring it back again..

Hey guys wondering if you might be able to help me with the above problem...

For some reason my dash lights have stopped working...

Everything else is working just not the lights and the speedo alert as it says above...

It's not the fuse cos I checked that first...

Any ideas why??

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Most likely a fuse. Check all your fuses under the dash.

V

VrGrannywagon

I to have the same problem.

fuses are fine, all connections are fine, I've had my whole dash apart. I did find the problem, just not its cause...

In other words, for some reason there is no power getting into the circuit, I jumped the positive off the cigarette lighter into the circuit through the light under the gear shifter. lights came on, so IF anyone does know the solution, and the actual cause.. Please help..!.

richie_cky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Model
i have the same problem, getting no power to ciggy lighter, which means my headunit wont work, and the cluster lights wont work either, even tho the headlights are on..

V

VrGrannywagon

The Solution

GOt the probelm fixed at an auto elecs. Did not have time to get into details, however, It was a shorting wire in the loom behind the cluster, not too sure if it was an actual wiring piece or if its the green sheet on the back of the cluster..

hope this helps..

Oww, parts cost me $45