Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cluster removal/clean

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
Hi,

So my cluster screen if ruined, I was wondering if anyone new how to take it out ? Also can I just change the Perspex cover, or will I need to purchase a whole new cluster ? This leads me to my next question, If there is a limit to the amount of Kms on a VE cluster before they can't be changed (via programming). As I have low Km car and I wanted to swap it out for a new one but it is hard to find a low Km one. Also I was wondering for sort of goodies can you enable or disable, because I've heard that basically they can do everything, its just depends if it is turned on or off.

Cheers

Andy

VTSSLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 A4 227rwkw
How bad is the plastic? Can get some pretty good results with clear plastic polish, or even a (very mild) cutting compound. Same sort of thing as a headlight restoration. Mothers make a 'power cone' that can be used with a drill for more power than hand use. Might be worth a go so u can keep the original cluster.