Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cluster Swap Pics

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Howdy fellow commodorians! :) . Hope this is right section to post this. I have been asked by a few members about cluster swaps in VT-VU, what's a nice cluster, what it looks like when installed etc. So I thought I put some pics up of what it looked like before and after. Compared to the plain jane single window to the new and improved cluster. New cluster is Monaro specifically a Delft blue (exterior colour) Monaro, same colour as my ute, to match exterior, I think it came up a treat.

Attachments

• oldcluster.jpg
    oldcluster.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 690
  • newcluster.jpg
    newcluster.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 833
D

djlingard04

What price and does the vx executive already have wiring for the 3 cluster set up???

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Sorry for delay, forgot to check up on replys if any :) . The cluster was $350 from a friend who did work for holden. No additional wiring needed, just plugs straight into the standard cluster plug. Plug and play in otherwords.

vtcommodo3800

Got me a v8!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ SS Thunder
Will it work in a vt with single display and can you get different backgrounds. Also what do you do about the exsiting KM's.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
I'm positive the VT/VX clusters are identical, in my pics the old cluster was a single window, then changed to the 3 window, so once u plug it in everything works. As for K's I took note and told the service guy with the tech 2 how many k's to put on it. The cluster was brand new so any amount of K's could of been put on it, but why? I was only cheating myself. You can get different coloured clusters, red/yellow/silver/blue.

slowr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtII Clubsport M6
I was told the kms would have faint lines going through them, is that true?

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
If anyone is interested these guys www.jhp.com.au sell different coloured dash clusters. bout $230.00 with instructions.

Hope this helps

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
slowr8 said:
I was told the kms would have faint lines going through them, is that true?

Not in my case :thumbsup:

blocka

EXC35
Reaction score
Website
www.southerncoastcustoms.com
Members Ride
VT S L67
i think i can see the VT with one of these in it, but it might be cheaper for me to flog a second hand triple window cluster from work and then get white faced dials!