Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clutch hose issue.

Gunnazz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
G'day all,

I'm having some issues with my VE SS, I was driving home today when suddenly the clutch went straight to the floor. I pulled the car over and stuck my head under the bonnet. The main hydraulic hose that travels from the firewall down to the clutch had blown off the firewall fitting. I was able to push the hose back into the fitting and clip the little metal clip into place. I then did a quick roadside bleed to get the pedal back. I then drove it the last 1-2 km home and just before I reached my driveway it did the exact same thing. Hose had blown out of the fitting, Luckily I was only 20 m from home so I just coasted the rest of the way.

The clutch is 100% stock and until today hasn't missed a beat. The only time its been messed with was when the car was cammed, that was 4-5 months ago. It was removed to be replaced but once I found that it was a 427 clutch I decided to keep it.

Any ideas on what might have caused it would be very welcome, If this has happened to anyone before Id love to hear from you. The car is booked in for a retune in 2 weeks so if all else fails I might get it towed and have the tuner have a good look. That would be a last resort though as Id like to have the car driving.