Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clutch hydraulic system losing fluid.

dephilile

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
Hey

I recently noticed that my clutch is really easy to push in almost all the way and I have to push it right up hard against the firewall to disengage it. I had a quick look at the reservoir for the clutch fluid and it is empty. I had a look at I think it’s the master cylinder (the one connected to the clutch pedal) and it doesn’t appear to be what’s leaking. It was too dark to see much under the bonnet so I’m assuming the problem is with the slave cylinder.

I was just talking to a mate and he said that a friend of his had to get the slave replaced in his V8 VT except it was quite a length and costly exercise because it is hidden inside the bell housing and lots of stuff has to be pulled out to get to it.

I own a V6 VT. Am I going to be faced with the same problem? And if someone could give me an indication of how much it would cost that would be great.

Thanks

phil

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
The v6 has the clutch slave cylinder on the outside, so unlike the gen3 which incorpartes the slave and throwout bearing in the 1 unit. Just take a look around the slave, see if there is any signs of a leak

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
If the seals on your master cyl leak it will go down the firewall on the inside of the cabin so your carpet will probably be wet. Hopefully it is the slave cyl or the hose going to it that is the prob.