Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

clutch probs

ikarn21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 'S'
hi all
bought a vx s pac not long back.... got a F****D clutch (sorry about the lanuage hey but really pissed over it hey) but anyway knew it wasnt right when i bought it and "thought" warranty would help abit....... HAHAHAHA hmmmm how wrong was i.

but anyways straight to it ive been told to be weary of flywheel damage due to them been dual mass wheels and been a fai bit thinner. sometimes ment to get heat spots or something!!??? dunno aye 1st commie i have owned dont know to much about them.

how many ppl have had probs with their flywheels? is it common?

also there is a conversion to the older "solider" flywheel... BUT the holden place in town here beged me if there was damage not to go this way. well the head mechanic straight out refused to do it. said he done it before and they are crap.

has anyone gone this way? if so did it effect the car in anyway??

so hopin me flywheel isnt stuffed hey. like $700 is better than 2k.. lol just dont have the money spare! spent it all on the car... owned it for over a month and drove it maybe 3-4 times.. so wanna get her goin go to she how she goes... before i get to mad with it and burn the sucker to the ground!!! lol

daggett

Crazy Tiger
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Wagon
Have a look through the posts here, this has been covered before. However I understand what you are talking about and the dual mass setup is expensive to replace and itsn't as strong if you are going to be rough with it.

I replaced mine with a solid setup and am happy, you do get a little extra noise but nothing to worry about

VRSen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX s
The dual mass flywheel can be replaced by a solid flywheel and clutch kit to suit for less than what it will cost you for a new dual mass flywheel looking at $900-$1000 (p.s this is when i done mine 1.5yrs ago not quite sure of price now though)

They had the fly wheel and clutch kit on ebay or give highway brake and clutch a call in campbellfield vic they have them.

this is a link for one on ebay Holden Commodore CLUTCH KIT & FLYWHEEL VS2 VT VX VY v6 - eBay Clutches, Transmission, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 19-Nov-09 18:30:40 AEDST)

or you can call highway brake and clutch in campbellfield

Only reason i got the dual mass again was they had only just started with the solid ones and couldnt gaurantee against clutch shudder also told they would be noisy too so i didnt want to get one.

Next time i gotta do clutch will be getting solid as you can machine the solid not a dual mass there one time use only.

Also for anyone with a solid can you let me know how loud the noise is??

Chrz

Hope this helps.

daggett

Crazy Tiger
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Wagon
Noise, what noise... Only a very small little rattle like noise a low rpm but got to be really listening to hear it on mine. Not sure how to describe a noise.

ikarn21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 'S'
thanks guys

pretty mych figgerd all that hey. talkin to my main mechanic alot about it and he recons pretty much the same.
havent been able to find the singal conversion on ebay yet but priced one @ near 1200k (just clutch)
haping the fly wheel is ok gunna set me back $370 (just clutch)
prob's is i can fit it myself... just dont have time aye. been harvest season, it just crazy!!!only really gettin sundays and cant be bothered so yet gotta pay to get it put in:(

VRSen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX s
I put a link to ne on ebay in my last post and there were three others when i looked them up all under $1000