Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Code 31 - Theft Deterrent Signal missing

DK101

Next Burnout Grand Master
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
'93 VR SS - 304 T5, '95 Exec - 355 T5
what do mean playing up? my key seems to not work sometimes, i stand next to the car pressing the button and walking around the car and 5 minutes later itll lock/unlock

My 304 VR does this too... Has an aftermarket alarm kit fitted and has done since I got it more than a year ago... Been getting Err 31 since the day I bought it and quite often she wont unlock, I attributed it to the hackjob they must have done with the aftermarket alarm and immobiliser, but if you're having the same issue on the stock unit, then maybe its a problem in the BCM?

DK101

Next Burnout Grand Master
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
'93 VR SS - 304 T5, '95 Exec - 355 T5
You can replace the battery in the key head, that should fix this problem.

There is a how to on this somewhere on here.

I have replaced the batteries in my standard Holden key head and the Fob which controls my aftermarket alarm... Still no fix... Might I add that sometimes it works perfectly fine, but most times it's extremely frustrating, normally when I'm in a hurry it will stuff me around :hmmm:

cbv85l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Crewman
Back on the road, Holden replaced the powertrain interface module $340 including labour, they ordered it 3pm Fri. got the ute back Mon arvo. I think this is a pretty good outcome.
If I had left it up to the auto elect I would have been up for close to $2000 I rekon.

gary63

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 vs commodore
im having a similar problem . I unlocked the car drove to work. tried to lock it but it wouldn't lock. I have no flashing light on the dash work . I put the key in to start it and I get all lights, indicators headlights. but no interior light or light at the ignition. I get nothing when I turn the key
any help would be great