Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

code 44 beat down

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Ok just to keep everyone up to date, still have not found the reason why code 44 is poping up, heres the update": Start it up rev it aabit and alot of black smoke is coming out, its also all ova the rear bar.
Ive spent just ova $60 on hoses and changed all the vacume lines i possably can and the basted of a car still still showing code 44 ,but only comes on after norm running temp is achived
So now if anyone has any other idea for me to try that would be great lol

Dude I thought it was clear by now this is because the pacemakers don't get hot enough. You have a few options, make the pipes hotter (header wrap), the sensor hotter (heated sensor) or just disable the sensor :). This is normal and happens to just about every V6 with pacemakers

skid_lover05

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v8 berlina
Ok just to keep everyone up to date, still have not found the reason why code 44 is poping up, heres the update": Start it up rev it aabit and alot of black smoke is coming out, its also all ova the rear bar.
Ive spent just ova $60 on hoses and changed all the vacume lines i possably can and the basted of a car still still showing code 44 ,but only comes on after norm running temp is achived
So now if anyone has any other idea for me to try that would be great lol

have you tried a new fuel reg yet? is there fuel coming out of the vacume line on the reg?
if there is, its f@#*Ked..

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
Dude I thought it was clear by now this is because the pacemakers don't get hot enough. You have a few options, make the pipes hotter (header wrap), the sensor hotter (heated sensor) or just disable the sensor :). This is normal and happens to just about every V6 with pacemakers

i still recommend tuning out the o2 in my case all they have done is cause issues anyways

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Rob, I thought I was invisible :p

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6

Really?

Strange. Mine's been FLAWLESS since the day it got the pacemakers installed.

madsav

Reaction score
Members Ride
your ass
Found the problem, code 44 was correct it was running rich, but i also found why it was running rich ,The Valuve stem oil seal has had a hard life and worn away(Would explain the tapping) and was burning oil faster then i could put ti in the car PROBLEM SOLVED lol but now i better start looking for another motor ASAP screw the v6 this time its time to get a v8
Thanks to all who helped with ideas
Cheers