Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Code P2227-00

sphynx

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Commodore
Yes I have seen those videos.

I have attached a photo showing my scan tool. The Barometric Pressure value doesn’t change at all at 111 kpa even with the engine running & revving up.

Cheers.

Attachments

• 398DFAE9-228B-44B2-A655-C8984F08EDD9.jpeg
    398DFAE9-228B-44B2-A655-C8984F08EDD9.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 101

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yes I have seen those videos.

I have attached a photo showing my scan tool. The Barometric Pressure value doesn’t change at all at 111 kpa even with the engine running & revving up.

Cheers.
Readings seem wrong, Depending on what type of sensor it is, being turbo Id guess 2 bar sensor which means your engine is at 45% load? And @ that load the MAF sensor is showing 0 g/s of air entering the engine…

RU absolutely sure you have the correct sensor for your engine/VIN?
RU absolutely sure the diagnostic tool you use is calibrated for that specific vehicle?

Check your MAF and MAF wiring…

sphynx

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Commodore
Yes, MAP sensor purchased from the local Holden parts dealer & yes my scan tool is compatible with a few different model vehicles including Holden Barinas. Have already checked all MAF & MAP plugs & wirings.

Its a weird one aye?

Cheers.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its a weird one aye?
Maybe not so weird when the mass airflow sensor reports 0 g/sec of air entering the engine at idle? With 0 g/sec of air entering the engine @ 650 rpm with 45% engine load, Id think there is a sensor mismatch somewhere :p

And just because a 3rd party diagnostic device says it handled a specific vehicle, it may still misinterpret a particular sensor reading so always check if there is a firmware upgrade.

Diagnose Dan has a great youtube channel and goes through lots of complex diagnosis that other mechanics can’t solve. Below he goes through diagnostic tools that can lie and lead you down the wrong path. Worth watching his videos, especially the one below and the one that goes into using multimeters correctly

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Yes, MAP sensor purchased from the local Holden parts dealer & yes my scan tool is compatible with a few different model vehicles including Holden Barinas. Have already checked all MAF & MAP plugs & wirings.

Its a weird one aye?

I'd be checking the CAC (Charge Air Cooler/Intercooler) and CAC pipes/hoses of the entire intake system for leaks, AIR as well as damp oil stain leaks, before shooting more parts out the parts cannon.

It's also been known that types of air filters other than genuine and the way they are installed, will cause intake system DTC's.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd be checking the CAC (Charge Air Cooler/Intercooler) and CAC pipes/hoses of the entire intake system for leaks, AIR as well as damp oil stain leaks, before shooting more parts out the parts cannon.

It's also been known that types of air filters other than genuine and the way they are installed, will cause intake system DTC's.
Can’t be any leaks as the MAF says the engine isn’t consuming any air (just joking) :p

PS: I hope @sphynx comes back and let’s us know how he’s progressing with this fault and what the ultimate problem was if he’s solved it (so we can all learn and so it closes off the thread nicely) :cool:

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Ultimately, shooting parts at a DTC is just going to get you into trouble 90% of the time. you have to know why that code has set.
I think he needs to put the old MAF sensor back in, and check for leaks as above TBH.

Yes lets hope he comes back and explains it all, even if he has stuffed up, but people rarely say they were wrong and you get half the story most of the time. Pessimistic, most likely.

Reactions: Lex

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Hello all,

I have a 2013 Holden Barina RS (1.4L Turbo) and keep getting trouble code P2227-00 which is “Barometric Pressure (BARO) sensor performance”.

I was hoping someone else had same issue and can help me on what was done to fix it.

I have already purchased a brand new genuine MAP sensor but still the same code keeps coming up (see photo attached)

Thanks in advance, looking forward to hearing from someone soon.

sphynx
Hi sphynx,
Did you fix your car up?
Cheers Pete

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi sphynx,
Did you fix your car up?
Cheers Pete
He was last seen at post #13 on 24 Feb 2023.

Hope he comes back and lets us know whether he fixed the issue and if so how he fixed the issue but I wouldn’t hold my breath :rolleyes:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Hi Skylarking,
I was hoping as well.
Cheers Pete