Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coins in the CD Player HELP!!!

Benny J

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 White VE SSV Wag
Hey All,
As the title would suggest i am having a few problems after my 3 year old thought he would use the CD player in our 2010 VE SSV Wagon as a piggy bank. Errors are coming up now and it continues to beep.

What i need to know if how to get the centre dash out so i can get to the inside of the cd player. There are no obvious clips or screws like in the older cars i have owned before this, so any advice would be appreciated.

CHeers

Benny j

ms_enj

Geek girls are sexy...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega 60th Anniversary

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Ah the fun of children if you have spare change put it where they cant get to it locked in the glovebox is a good place

Sent From My Galaxy S2 Using Tapatalk 2

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
I had my 3 year old do that when he was about 2, to my VT. Could have killed the little bugger, but all was fixed in time so no real harm done.

Benny J

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 White VE SSV Wag
Haha...yeah the joys of kids...i just took it for a drive and it is coming up with "Mechanism Error" sparatically, so i will definitely have to pull it apart i reckon...

Here are the instructions for getting the head unit out of the car.

Here are the instructions for pulling the radio box apart (including removing the CD stacker module) - Internally, your SSV unit is very similar to the one in these pictures, just with an extra module for controlling the screen.

Holy Sh!t...i have to say it is a lot more involved than i thought. Thanks for the guides.... I will have a crack at it tomorrow i think when the kids are at school....

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
i never had a CD player when my kids were that young... my "kids" are 23 and 21. Although many years ago, my son decided the VHS in the lounge room was a good depository for a [piece of toast and half a box of sultanas!!

Faynt11

Feeder of Trolls
Reaction score
Members Ride
07' VE SV6 Ute
My little bro thought it would be good to feed my ps1 when he was like2 or 3. He managed to put a whole peice of pizza in the laser slide tray. It like a 1in hole. wtf?!

Android

Reaction score
Website
www.androidsnetwork.com
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY9.5
Ah yes, the memories.. my 9yo, when he was 2 destroyed the CD player in my subaru, thankfully it was still under warranty. Six cd stackers are not cheap.
Also, our PS1 had a drink of milk, i got home, picked it up, drained out what I could, almost half a bottle - then decided to get a PS2 instead.
Then there was a set of JBL speakers we had.......Many more stories, but a little off topic....