Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coke Zero (+ Coke Black)

C

combloke77

zero tastes slightly better thn diet coke. which isn't saying much at all!!

pepsi max sh#$ts all over both!

its a well known fact coke is for girls and pepsi for guys heh heh thats why pepsi use hot chicks like jennifer hawkins :)

ssberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SLE track car, 10 sec VU Ute
Wombat said:
Oh dear...not wanting to piddle on anyones' parade, but aspartame has never been shown to cause cancer anywhere in the world in any properly conducted scientific tests...

Of course, there are a lot of "everything artificial causes cancer" websites which spread rumors, urban myths, bad science, and even outright lies about additives, but aspartame has been approved practically worldwide by health agencies and food administrations. We get phone calls in the Quality Department at work from people who have heard some story from some weedy media talking head for one of these mobs, you know the type, someone who looks like a nice t-bone steak and chips would kill them.

It has been said that if you feed the right amount of anything to the right breed of rat, you will produce a tumor. These panic merchants would have you believe everything from "don't cook in aluminium pots because you'll get altzheimers disease", to "don't use spray deodorants because they cause breast cancer" (honestly!), and "don't use mobile phones because the hospitals are full of people with tumors behind thier ears...the government just hides the figures so people won't panic". :b:

The internet is, once again, showing how it can give a wide audience to some people who should really be more responsible about spreading fear and half-baked "facts" to further thier own faulty idealism. There are even thriving websites which claim that diet drinks actually make you fatter, thereby making you buy even more diet drinks and supporting the industry profits...how something that has very low energy levels and zero percent fat can make you gain weight is beyond me, and I know rather a lot about soft drink formulations...kind of says it all about thier logic... :whistling

Much is made of the fact that artificial sweeteners have been banned in Japan. The actual reason for this is simple protectionism. They have a fantastic sweetener called Stevia, which comes from a plant, and even a tiny drop is so sweet you wouldn't believe it. They have used this for many years and have a thriving industry in it, so why would they import sweeteners made overseas? We all know what the Japanese are like about imported goods from otehr countries. Stevia may come here some time in the future, if we can work out the growing and processing on a wide scale.

Until that time however, don't feel scared to drink diet drinks...apart from the god-awful taste a lot of the diet cola's have, they won't hurt you... :yeah:

I agree with most of this, but a point is that diet coke etc has to be labelled "has been known to cause cancer in rats" or something like that in the US of A. I dont think coke would want that on their label unless there was something behind it.

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
I like coke zero it tastes good.

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
Coke Zero is mad. I drink on average 'bout 2-3 600ml bottles a day. Four on a hot day or busy day.

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
Oh and I really enjoy being able to drink as much as I want now. No sugar. I used to drink Coke so much I'd get chest pains. Been drinkin' Coke Zero since it came out and I haven't had any chest pains whatsoever...

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
zero coke tastes like normal coke that is flat.. diet coke tastes like extra fizzy flat normal coke..

Can't beat Vanilla Coke or Regular variety..

B

bonafide

Coke Zero is ok, but seems to taste like cheap LA ice cola, or similar

matrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Acclaim
i drink about 1- 2 ltrs of diet coke a day (lots i know), i tried Zero for a few days and it tastes ok i supose but it started to realy hurt my teath. so im back on the good old diet coke again. dont care if it causes cancer becuase i gave up smoking and drugs and driving like an idiot ages ago, so i need to die from something ay.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I didn't mind it, I like it better than Diet Coke but nothing beats the real thing...

Seriously, the only cola drink I can actually drink without getting sick of it is Real Coke... I could drink a bottle without effort, but sometimes I can't get halfway through a can of anything else