Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold Air Induction Kits

D

daveee

QUOTE (VXWAGMAN @ Jan 9 2004, 11:11 AM) I don't want to use a stock Monaro one or whatever cause Holden parts are a rip off
Hey Mr.Wagman..

The munro CAI is $27 brand new from your local spare parts. I'd avoid the SS inductions if possible. I know of several people getting more gains through the monaro CAI than the SS inductions, I know I'd rather save my $150 and go with the Monaro bits.

M

mickey

I am gonna enter into this, I just left the VP section after jettisoning my VP 5 litre that had an HSV senator intake, there was only one option at that time.

I want to put a CAI into my VX berlina 5.7, but there are shitloads of options. What is a monaro CAI?

D

daveee

QUOTE (mickey @ Jan 17 2004, 04:25 PM) What is a monaro CAI?
Its 3 bits.. Check out the pictures Here

Basically, to the untrained eye, you wont see this thing. Its just a wider version of the piping near your airbox and allows for much greater air flow. Check out ls1.com.au for more details on how to install it.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Good one Daveee, Looks like the way to go for sure, easy to fit and inconspicous you also can't go wrong for $27

Are the monaro airboxes simply fitted with block outs or are they completely different?

Jake

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
Yeah I've been looking around and for the no fuss kits Aunger definately has the cheapst ones. I realy can't understand how they can warrant 600 bucks for a bit of plastic.. Hrmm..

Has anyone in here used an Aunger Intake on a Gen3? If so, what kind of performance increase/fuel economy do you get from it.

I found this price which is the lowest I have found so far at Americanautos.com.au -

RAI1818 AUNGER VT-VX GEN3 V8 COLD AIR KIT 249.95

If anyone knows anywhere I can get this cheaper please let me know. Thanks.

M

mickey

In regard to tho Monard CAI, I have it already on my GenIII, I still think it neds to be bigger!

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I am suss about the stock intakes. They only cover the right hand side of the front. The SS inductions style ones bolt on and cover the whole front grille for added air catch. I don't see how you could acheive the same performance from a smaller air catch.

235rwkw

Reaction score
the monaro one is the best value for money cai.

dyno tests at some tuners have proved a loss with the widemouth setup.

Monaro has one 90mm pipe to the airbox, modified with two 90mm pipes it gets plenty of air.

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Explain to me how with a small mouth setup you can possibly get more air in to burn and therefore get more burning from the engine? I don't realy understand the complex workings of it but I thoguht the whole idea of inductions is to get as much air flowing to the engine as possible.