Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold Air Induction SIDI SV6

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Difficult to say around town as I've had my boot in it since putting on the exhaust and then the CAI. Did get 9.2l/100km @ avg 75km/h from Canberra-Batemans Bay-Canberra. Not a completely flat run so not to bad economy wise I think. I reckon it now needs to be tuned to the exhaust and CAI changes to maximise linear responsiveness as well for fuel efficiency. Don't think the computer has quite coped!?

Adameksv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 2010
9.2 per 100 thats pretty good I usually sit around 12.2 l/ per 100 at the moment. Yeah thats true takes some time for the computer to adjust, would be handy if there was a tune available

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
CAI Update

Have used nearly 2 tanks of fuel since the CAI went on. Fuel useage went up initialy to 13.8l/100km@40km/h. Has now returned to 12.8l/100km@40km/h suburban driving. Is running sweetly :) Still think it would benefit from a tune however spoke to my local Gentech dude who said he couldn't tune any 08 onwards V6 Commodore (other than to factory settings) as there wasn't any software available to do it. Can he not be bothered? Or is this true?

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
there are tunes surfacing from what i have been told but depends on the tune i guess.. they are being developed the only ones that come to mind are CHE (currently working on a tune) and trifecta over in the states that have a tune. I missed out on getting a growler off ebay the other day went for $150... should of upped my bidding -_-

Adameksv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 2010
jarp did you fit the plastic air dam thing ??

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
nah man....how have you found it so far?

Adameksv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 2010
fitting mine tonight shall let you know how it goes :) yeah mine didnt come with the air dam thing getting into contact with ss inductions tommorow to get it not sure if its worht fitting tho

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
Question guys:

My old man has a VE GTS 40th anniversary, which used to have the Walkinshaw performance pack fitted, being a typical aussie and having some extra money, he upgraded to the supercharger kit.

Long story short he kept the old intake that was in the initial power pack upgrade which included the Air box very similiar to Growler box (not sure if they are the same with different badging).

I want to fit this puppy however i had a bit a glimpse at my new SIDI 6 and noticed the Air sensor is bolted directly onto the intake box..... there fore making life harder as i assume ill have to drill a hole in the new box to fit the sensor..... and also it doesnt look like it will be sufficient piping to fit it...... any ideas?

I cant use the Air sensor of a the Non SIDI 3.6 can i?? that would give me the length and the clean look for this new cold air box......

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
yeh no worries...... and try and keep it in the same location obviously?

I am looking at the airhammers now...... it appears that some modification would haveto be done to fit it to the SIDI judging by pictures............. anyone know what they do with the air sensor????