Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold Air Induction

Snowfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
There does'nt seem to be an aftermarket kit for the VL six (someone make one, there were over 130 000 vl's made - turbos and V8's incl., although most were sixes) Has anyone done this home brew style, either through the bonnet or through a group A spoiler ?

H

Hayles

Yeah, i was lookin at puttin one off my group a front bar and someone said something about a vn one that is already made up. I dont know for sure hey, someones probably just pullin my leg as usual.

H

Hayles

I bought the car how it was, group a front bar fitted. But i think the car dealership that i got it from put it on to hot it up a bit because there is a difference in the colour of the paint on the fornt bar to the rest of the car!!!! Oh well, i can live with that for now.

G

Grantis1976

Hey guys, I've been told that the most affective way to get a good cold air setup is to remove your air filter element, drill/cut a hole to approx. 3 inches.
Then fit some 3 inch pipe, an angle peice, then another piece of pipe heading towards the front bar. If a front spoiler is on the vehicle, utilize one of the intakes.
After this is done, refit the filter element ( of exellent quality of course ), and hang on!!! And to top it all off, none of it is visable!!!