Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cold air intake or pod filter

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
chook231 said:
If your referring to the bellmouth inside the airbox, it can be unbolted (vs had two nuts & bolts) and bolt on an adapter to mount the pod off the lid .
Im refering the the VT airbox, totaly different.
You'll see what i mean in the pics
Resized_IMGP1814.jpg

Resized_IMGP1815.jpg

chook231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 UTE
Ow, ok, i had a totally differant picture in my head(i imagined a enlarged vs type ).

::Team420::

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Statesman 5L
www.ssinductions.com.au all you need to know, they are the best cold air intake, it's not worth buying anything else other then these, i have one and i have noticed alot more pick up and smoother gearchanges.

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
an-D said:
the sound is deceiving :p

back to back dyno runs have been done and actually showed no gain in power wat so ever.
Unless you can get it dyno'd at 110Km/h down the highway, you'll probably get no results

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
short answer, You want BOTH,

the VN-VS V6 cold air box has a restriction in flow, it's the belmouth inside the airbox and it's basic design, also a CAI is great except that the tube that enters the bottom of the airbox is quiet a small diameter and therefor a flow restriction at high rpm when the engine is sucking hard(as tested on another site). at the very least get the VT on airbox with a homemade CAI as shown in other threads on this site but the best option is the shielded POD with a home made CAI. the POD will give better throttle responce as it flows better:thumbsup:

edit:check out this tread http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=18150

bomner12

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss ls1
how well will a vt air box fit in a vr and does this still make it illegal to have a pod filter??