Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cold air intake

silver88vl

No milk and juice here
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Berlina 5L
hey i know a fair bit about cars but i was wondering wot i would need & how to do a cold air intake on my vl commy

cheers, garth :wave:

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
This has been covered a few times, you can fashion your own as I and many others have done. I'm not aware of any commercial solutions for 6 cyl VL's in the cold air department but hey what do I know, I hate paying for anything :p

seventh path

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VL RB30 Berlina
what i did is cut a hole in the panel with a holesaw get a rubber 90 degree bend a nd a small length of piping and put the pipe through the hole with the rubber elbow underneath and hold it up woth a hose clamp.....got some subber strip the clean up the hole and pipe......it's still a work in progress, but it does the job so far......

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
someone posted a pic on here of what not to do, ducted a feed straight to the lower part of the front bumper - great induction but if road dirt doesnt plug up the air filter first the slightest bit of water will screw your engine.
just be careful where the pick up is.

silver88vl

No milk and juice here
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Berlina 5L
thanxs yeh im gettin a walky front bar & might put it comin out of one of the side holes.

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
vlv8vic said:
someone posted a pic on here of what not to do, ducted a feed straight to the lower part of the front bumper - great induction but if road dirt doesnt plug up the air filter first the slightest bit of water will screw your engine.
just be careful where the pick up is.

I think your talking about my system, and while that was the jist of it, there was quite a bit more to it than that in order to avoid debris and water. It's important to design these things right, otherwise as you say *boom!*

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
so with a walky front for example. and the air intake on the left. thats the cars left. what would you do to make it not go "boom"

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
nah it wasnt yours jetspin i cant remember the guys name i dont think he posted after a couple of us commented on the setup. had a big hole hacked into the bumper, just to the side of the grille then a pipe straight from the hole with a few kilos of silastic holding it in the original airbox. looked nasty - and i dare say had a fair bit of 'boom' factor....

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
dumped6 it was..

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
thanks bex. oh my 100th post. hooray to me. still only a fraction of some of you guys though!!