Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold Air Intake!

cosmo94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
I would like to hear from any one who has had SS inductions big mouth cold air intake fitted. Their web site is full of letters of priase as you would expect but would like to know any down sides if any. I would like to get it fitted to my series 2 VY SS ute. I have fitted an up market airfilter which made the world of difference but am not covinced that $500 for the big mouth is the next logical step.
Any advice/experiences appreciated.... :)

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
cosmo94 said:
I would like to hear from any one who has had SS inductions big mouth cold air intake fitted. Their web site is full of letters of priase as you would expect but would like to know any down sides if any. I would like to get it fitted to my series 2 VY SS ute. I have fitted an up market airfilter which made the world of difference but am not covinced that $500 for the big mouth is the next logical step.
Don't do it.

Go to www.ls1.com.au and do a search on "SS Inductions" for the many and varied reasons as to why you shouldn't. This has been discussed in great depth at that site.

B

BLACK346

cosmo94 said:

As Clixanup said, DO NOT DO IT. SS Reductions will
only make your hard earned go fast, not your LS1.
A world of difference from an aftermarket aircleaner :confused:
The most you could expect from one of these is about
1rwkw, and you ain't gonna feel that through the arse
dyno.

W

wayneVYSS

cold air

cosmo94 said:

I have fitted cold air and K&N Filter to VY SS. Goes good, I only paid $400 at a car show for the lot, check ebay and trading post etc for bargains. Make sure you purchase cleaning kit for your filter and clean regularly...makes a big diff...

cosmo94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
I was more meaning the $135 i spent on a K&N Filter made quite a difference to the pick up compared to the $5.00 paper filter put in the car as standard by holden!

B

BLACK346

cosmo94 said:
I was more meaning the $135 i spent on a K&N Filter made quite a difference to the pick up compared to the $5.00 paper filter put in the car as standard by holden!

Yep, Know what you meant. The main advantage from
these is the saving from being able to reuse it. Not
much power gain to be had.