Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold cranking amps for an LS1

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Gotta love National Talk Like a Pirate Day.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Arrrgh me hearty, are yee making up for a shortage of nether appendage ?

Blow me down! Nay be all in good working order... electrifying in fact! Hoist the anchor, thar she blows...
Garr! Me crank amps up 1400 high fer five second spurts matey... Gangway!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
All I'm see is "she blows"...........

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
Had my VX SS from new and it is on its third battery, the original factory fitted battery from memory was a 430cca not sure what brand, it was in for 5 years and still going strong but thought I might have been on borrowed time so when it was in at Holden for a service I had a new one fitted, they then put in an Exide 460cca,
that battery was still going strong after 7 years but once again erred on the side of caution, this time around I have fitted a Century 620cca, so will see how the Century goes, out of the 3 batteries I have noticed no difference in the day to day performance, was pretty happy the Exide was still going well after 7 years but thought I would try a Century to see what they were like, heard some good reports on them. Car often sits for 3 weeks at time as it gets very little use.