Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

COME Racing Twin TB Manifold

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
Greetings V8 Brethren,

I am looking at doing a bit of work to the 304 in my VT SS Commodore; recently I have been in touch with the guys at COME Racing, which despite the delayed response have been quiet helpful. At the moment I am looking at the possibility going their twin throttle body manifold, and their 266 cam with lifting gear.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this manifold, and possibly even has any pictures of their setup? I am hoping to run the manifold, with a modified OTR intake (with MAF), has any one tried this before?

Is there any other setups I should be considering, the only real prerequisite is that it fits under the bonnet of the VT. I have also looked at the Trick Shift Performance manifold which has tweaked my interest.

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
COME manifold is more of a top end manifold. If you want better low down and mid range torque, id go for the torque power dual plain hi-rise. All depends on what you want. The trick shift is a cool manifold. dont see heaps of em round and alot cheaper then a group a manifold with similar looks. Regardless, ull get a power gain when ya get rid of the bananas

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The Come twin throttle dosen't work on a 304, VQ Rat had one on a stock bottom end for a burnout setup, made power forever into crazy revs but not much power. Don't go there unless you have at least a strong 355 and even then not so much

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
The Come twin throttle dosen't work on a 304, VQ Rat had one on a stock bottom end for a burnout setup, made power forever into crazy revs but not much power. Don't go there unless you have at least a strong 355 and even then not so much

Thanks Greenfoam, this was just the sort of info I was after. I did know that the manifold suffered on the low end, but I never knew it was that bad. COME Racing recommended milling the heads to up the compression and running a 266 cam to give it a bit more go with the 304.