Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Comeracing 355 ci Holden VT EFI

VT542

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 1 SSV Redline Ute VS SS Commodore
Hi Guys,

Just after a bit of advise on the Come Roller cams, I already have a comeracing CSBR-520 installed, and I am looking at replacing the CSBR-520 with this cam CSBR-428

I am after a bit more HP, what do you guys think of this Cam upgrade

Thanks for any advise you may offer

I have a Comeracing 355 ci Holden VT EFI in a VS SS

With Starr Manifold, Yella Terra ajustable Roller Rockers, comp 10.5, Heads are ported to Comeracing S.T-3 level and fitted with heavy springs, stall 2500rpm

Heads ported to our S.T-3 level flowing over 500bhp potential. 1.94” intake and 1.6” exhaust valves.

I have attached both Cam spec's
24-08-20084-56-11PM-2.jpg

520-2.jpg

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I think speaking to come racing would be the best idea im sure as they built the motor and make the cams they would be able to tell you exactly what you need to know

holden_nut05

Reaction score
the cam you are looking at is a fair whack larger than ur current cam, a starr manifold isnt an extremely hi flowing manifold and i would think you be limiting performance, i would be looking at a torque power manifold or maybe a come twin throttle manifold if you are going with a big cam in a 355 IMO a starr manifold is good for a warmed over 304 not a big cammed 355 but it all depends on what ur gonna rev it to also

VT542

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks, the reason why I use the Starr....is to keep everything looking near stock, also I was told the Come cam [CSBR-428] would work okay with the setup I have...I am not chasing big Rev's and the Starr works great..as it had pulled 5500rpm without any problems on the Dyno with Blue top injectors:)

holden_nut05

Reaction score
you are really only gonna narrow ur power band as the manfiold will be chocking it up top... well its your dollars so it really up to you, but if u are chasing more power, next step is manifold n bigger cam as your are starting to get in serious power territory n/a...... whats bottom end like? bolts mains studs? 2 or 4 and do u run a girdle, all this should be considered as well as compression ? mate if u wanna make more power ur gonna need to rev harder then 5500... biogger the cam the higher the rev range

VT542

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate....the 5500rpm was not flat out as the rear Tyres were slipping, running 2 bolt mains

Last edited: