Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

commodore haters

FCCOOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore,VP 5.0 calais, 2x59 FC,
i have paid little attention in the last 15 years to mainstream car stuff, ive had my head burried in hotrod & custom cars but looking back when i first got my liscense i was from a sydney western suburb, i hung out with westy's and we hated snot nose yuppies in there commodores, they werent real holdens, just euro crap with a nice motor choked by pollution control, when you saw that VN with p plates you knew it was some rich kid from north or eastern suburbs who's mum & dad bought him a flash car for not farting or burping at the table, even a 202 VB SL then was $4-5k and kinda yuppieish, we bought $300 cars and did them up with whatever money didnt go on rent, fuel and beer.
Anyway, i was looking for some info on my wifes vp calais when all i could find was threads by yuppies with serious hate trips on commodore drivers, hang on, when did the yuppies give up on the commodore, did the harshness of the vn scare them off or maybe they freaked out when the hoodlining fell on there head, maybe its just becuase bmw and mercedes benz are more mass produced and cheaper to buy that they can buy one of these euro badges and turn there nose up.
only problem is, you might have the logo on your key but the closest thing you will get in the price range in a euro car is some silly bubble or shrunken minivan, how silly does that look, alternativly they might spend up and buy a supercharged sedan that cant keep up with a taxi.
anyway, now if you drive a commodore you are a white racist stupid brain dead bogan who drives around everywere doing burnouts.
ok so now i know why there are so many 4wds at boat ramps and caravan parks and schools now, all the euro cars under 80k are too ****weak to tow a decent size cabin cruiser or caravan, all the jap cars are fwd or ****weak power wich can suck on a boat ramp with a big boat and nobody likes a bogan.

I have also noticed the same attitude towards falcon drivers but not as common, some people make fun of commodore drivers saying they drive around with aussie flags playing waltzing matilda doing burnouts.

is this becuase white australians have become a minority and are being pushed away and made fun of by the new majority?
is it out of fashion to be a white aussie?

how do i know if i or my wife are bogans, does the term apply to owners of earlier holdens and does it apply to uppermarket versions like the calais?

if we do find we are bogans should we change, eg, buy gold chains and watches and learn new languages and religions and change cars?

is the owner of a rusted out e30 bmw a better person than a owner of a VE hsv, a hk gts 327, a brock vk or a restored fj becuase there car is not aussie?

Would this attitude exist if valiants were still made and sold in australia? after they were common choice of ethnics but australian made.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
lol, whats the point of this post exactly?

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
lol, whats the point of this post exactly?

my thoughts exactly!!
mate it sounds like you care to much about what others think of you, buy a car (what ever brand) because you like it and not because of being afraid of being a bogan:)

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Wait...Dude...What?

Maybe if you re-phrase your post into a few more well structured sentences i'd be able to understand what the hell you're on about and give an opinion, but until then im as lost as Minux

:thumbsup:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I didn't close this because i seriously wondered what the intent was, any flaming your posts will be deleted and possible infractions handed out :)

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
Well this is the first time I've ever seen VN and yuppie in the same sentence.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Ok im gonna attempt an interpretation here. He is ****ed that nowadays commodores are perceived as bogan cars driven by racist white rednecks and feels that this is due to ethnic minority groups taking over Australia with their cultures. The ethinic tastes lean towards jap crap and eurotrash making Aussie made cars uncool and he is not happy about that. Did I get it right mate? lol