Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore options when new AU and NZ

JakovHard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 Ute
Hi all,

I am curious regarding how Holden optioned the Commodores when new.

For instance, were some colours options? And I have seen floating around lists of colours and sales numbers. That would be helpful too.

Was the GPS, HUD, canopy or hardlid's for utes listed as additional extras. And if so, does anyone have that original documentation listing the pricing structure.

I am working through an issue with a car dealer in NZ and the more information I have, the easier it will be to resolve.

FYI, my vehicle is a MY16 ute so any dealer information would be beneficial.

Thank you in advance.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I’m talking MY16 VF2 SV6 Ute here:
Purchased ours in June 2016 to get EOFY special pricing but a few days after doing the deal was contacted and told that we would have to wait a couple of months as they had to build one as none in stock anywhere (phantom, auto). The EOFY deal included 5 yr factory wtty and 3 yr servicing...to be eligible delivery had to take place before 30June but as we had done the deal and they couldn’t supply the deal was still good...took delivery late Aug.

This was a black edition which had standard satnav & HUD which both went on to be standard in SV6 & SS after the black edition finished.

3 piece hardlid (ie includes sports bar) was $3600 from memory with sports bar or standard hardlid (in slimline or the one that sat higher...can’t remember what they called it but was the same shape as the one that came with the 3 piece) could be optioned also. These hardlids were not manufactured by Holden but where items in their options list/brochures. Canopy was standard if you didn’t option hardlid.

Hope it helps...

JakovHard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 Ute
There is a graphics I have seen pasted before which shows the amount of VF commodores sold in both countries, breaking down the colours and transmission type etc.

Does anybody have a copy that they can paste here?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
There is a graphics I have seen pasted before which shows the amount of VF commodores sold in both countries, breaking down the colours and transmission type etc.

Does anybody have a copy that they can paste here?

I had this saved but I did not compile this list.

3.jpg

I also have the list of special editions
2.jpg

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I also have the list of VIN configs for 2017 production listed below. The second list is the MY17 build vehicles built in 2016 including the productions cars they used for photos and testing for MY17 eg the first special editions that were on show January 2017 at Port Melbourne.

MY17 Screenshot numbers 1.JPG

MY17 Screenshot numbers 2.JPG