Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

commodores that get stolen

Just_Ice

Reaction score
How long would it take you to dissapear someones commy Ludacris?

Don't know but I have dealt with many people who could..

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
yes the VS's have immobilisers, hence most starting problems that are key related, coz it doesnt turn it off..

adding an alarm with all ur bells n whistles will deter most thieves away, if not slow them down in the process.

lgnd3800

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
BUSted VR
there was a thing on a few weeks ago on ACA i think and it took 16 seconds for the person to break into a vr i think and 18 sec to start it

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Ever since I got my car (VS Acclaim) I'm always unsure whether it has an alarm or immobilizer.
Some people say they do and some don't!! So how can I set off the the alarm so I feel better that it has one. It has the flasher in the dash but how do I set if off you know , with siren going off??

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
i have the standard imobiliser, then 2 more aftermarket imobilisers and i still think someone could take it in a few minutes, the kill switch goes in soon. (vt by the way)
johnny

ozengines

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II SS Ex Chaser V8
I thought if wound the window down, locked the car with the key button, then try and lift the door lock button or open the door, the alarm should go off. My wife's Corolla Seca does that. It simulates a broken window and trying to open the door with the car locked.
When I get my new VX II SS this weekend I will try it and let you know.

polar5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport 5L
I have been informed by sumone in the know, probably not a good idea to post that info, but an aftermarket immobiliser or killswitch is the way to go, clublocks just slow them down.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Ever since I got my car (VS Acclaim) I'm always unsure whether it has an alarm or immobilizer.
Some people say they do and some don't!! So how can I set off the the alarm so I feel better that it has one. It has the flasher in the dash but how do I set if off you know , with siren going off??

If it is just the standard car, then it will just have the engine immobiliser. Berlina and Calais have an alarm in addition to that, so that when a door, boot or bonnet is opened, the indicators flash and the horn goes off as well. Series two models have an additional alarm horn located in front of the passenger near the firewall, series one units have the bracket there, but no horn.

As others have said its probably not that difficult to steal a VS if you know what you are doing, and all the immobilisers in the world won't stop it disappearing on a tilt tray...

Best advice I can give is use the deadlock system, so that even if the car is broken into, the thief isn't able to open any of the doors... atleast that will slow them down a bit.

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
Ludacris, Never had a commy taken to impound?

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
with my vs calais if you press the lock button on the key and then open the door manually with the key the alarm still goes off (car alarm thinks someone has smashed window and unlocked from the inside ect) but as soon as the ignition is turned on all alarms stop! also i have been told (i think in the max ellery) that the vs didnt come out with imobiliser just an alarm system?