Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

common Problems

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Replaced 2 crank angle sensors in ours. Also on our 3rd transmission, radiators keeps blocking stopping fluid from circulation resulting in blown planetary gears. Deffinately something to keep an eye on.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Jxw,
in you saying that,does that mean i can get a vr/vn coil pack IF i cant find a VS one?

if you're really stuck you could put a vn s1 square block pack on to get you home, but that'd be a desperate last resort as they fail more commonly than the newer round coil packs....

smp009

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore s2 3.8
Fair enough i am on the search for a decent second hand coil pack. Just incase. Lol. And i am buying a cas and fuel pump as well

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
never heard about the crank angle sensor?

You must be the only one mate :p

Fuel pump and CAS would have to easily be the two most common things to go on the v6's. I've done both on every Commodore I've owned.

smp009

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore s2 3.8
so from what i have seen on here, the most common thing to go on them is the CAS,fuel pump and Coil pack?

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
basically yes, goes for nearly all V6 commodore from VN-VX with a couple of hundred thou on the dial.

another common failure is the intake manifold gaskets (once again basically covers all v6's buick or ecotech).