Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Comp Cam 231/247 113LSA 6xx 6xx lift on 2010 LS3 GTS

hanson1128

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Yeah bro, we've tried, several times to explain.

If there was a cam that made a strong linear power and torque from 2000rpm-7000rpm and had over 330rwkw I'd say most people with street driven NA cars would be using, or something very close to it.

I don't think you are understanding that you gain top end performance by losing drivability and low end performance (stereotyping a little referring to cams, but generals this is fairly true).

Cava is right, you need to gain a better understanding of how a cam affects the engine, and the performance. Do you even know what a cam does? What lift and duration are actually referring too? LSA? Perhaps even the reason why the 6L engines benefit well from split duration cams? What a split duration cam even is!? When you understand these thing you will probably be able to choose a cam for yourself.

Basically the reason people are saying big stall with the big cam is because if a cam isn't making decent power until 4500+rpm, what friggin good is a stally that only get you to 2800rpm?

Thx Bro,

What if i go for small or mid cam, can i still to fit a stall converter to have better launch?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
You should really be speaking to your tuner mate. He'll be able to answer all of your questions in one conversation and as someone has already said, see if you can go for a test drive in a similar or same setup in another car.

You've got your mind on a big cam but want good low range power for taking off... Get a small cam and a big turbo instead haha

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Go to the shop who is going to fit it. Tell them what u want out of the car and your budget.

Get the info on how cams work from a good website. Not from 30 people with 30 different opinions.

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
Haha the only real solution to this thread is a PD blower.

How the hell else are you going to get good linear pull from idle to redline?

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Linear power is for amatures.

Wait for the sucker to spool and make power like a boss.