Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Compartment box centre console.

R

Risky

Hi Guys,

I just recently purchased a centre console compartment (Part No: GM-92172738) to replace the rubber cupholders for my VY S Ute.
They sit in ok but I noticed on the bottom of the compartment where there are extra screw points & clips to secure it to the centre console. I have a sneaky feeling that I may need to replace the centre console trim from a VY Calais, WK WL Statesman/Caprice or VY SS as the compartment is standard in those models. Currently I have 2 slots in the middle for it to click in & a slot diagonally at either end to hold the rubber cupholders.

If anyone has the above mentioned models with the compartment, could they please check & advise me.

Thanks in advance

Risky 92172738.JPG$_57.jpg

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec

This is what my calais has, if you lived near me. I'd happy do a straight swap for your console. haha
hope this picture helps..

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Don't quote me but I'm more than pretty sure that cupholder section comes completely out.
I remember reading in one of the forums about someone wanting to go the other way as he wanted the cupholder.
You have to remove the console to see underneath

R

Risky

Well the console compartment fitted ok but it didn't open up fully. Thanks to GothicKidd fot the pic which explains everything. I didn't really want to rip apart the console again after installing a V2 Series II leather shifter & WK Statesman leather shifter cover. I have a 2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara which has a compartment like the Holden one but also acts as a cupholder. I went back to my local Holden dealer & swapped it for a Console Rubber Mat (part No: 92109103) which fits perfectly over the top of the cupholders. I would have preferred the compartment as it would look neater but this is good enough.

Thanks to those who responded.

On the diagram supplied, Numbers 2 & 6 are the same Console Rubber Mat.
259446d1287480930-wtb-cup-holder-insert-032.gif

lafter

Reaction score
Members Ride
'01 vx berlina 5.7 wagon
I have just recently swapped out my broken compartment piece from a vy2 berlina (calais same) for the twin cup holder I had in a parts car vy s. The top window switch gear lever surround plastic was different so I had to swap that over as well. The berlina had a piece cut out to allow the lid to slide into the console.