Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CompCam @.050 232/234

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
Is the OP for real....WTF
Sounds taugh:bomb:

hanson1128

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Yeah the 232/236 cammed car you had a little run with shows exactly what a big cam will be like. With a smaller cam you would of smoked him till about 140 then he would more then likely run you down

HI Buddy,

i checked the cam 232/234 which power band would b from 2500rpm or 3000rpm to....watevea..
and i hav been told before 2500rpm or 3000rpm will b slow as pig does and it sounds will b **** before it... is that gonna b slower than the stock?..
Now.. i'd prob go smaller cam... seems much better, cuz not all the times runing over 140km
I need a cam which gives big n fast power from 0km ~ 160km..... seems small cam will b more suit?

hanson1128

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Larger profile cams will produce more power at mid-high rpm, and this has nothing to do with overall speed whatsoever as small cams can still beat a big cammed car,

imo for an L98 motor you cannot go passed a wide split pattern camshaft with high lift - the duration will be up to you

HI Buddy,

What about the sound, won't b as lumpy as big cam does?..

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
You can get the smallest of cams to sound like a massive one - choose the right Lobe Separation Angle (LSA), and your tuner can modify how it idles

huthy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
This is should be made a sticky got some good info in here.