Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Comprehensive Insurance..how Much $$

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
Im with GIO have been for the last 10 years 60% no claim bonus and with my VX SS they charge me 1200 a year and that includes the $3500 stereo that they know about and is listed on the policy and i also get 1 free windscreen a year

Plus its insured for $32,000 which is good also i have lost 4 points too

Just Cars wanted 1900 a year......

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
well....i'm the primary driver and im listed as such, i'm 17 and have had no accidents and i pay under a grand a year. its not under a parents name, under mine. and V6 isnt really a piss weak car now is it. go figure

maybe its where i live thats screwing me then. because i got quotes from AAMI, Just Cars, NRMA, GIO and they were all 1800 plus, even before i had my accident.

The only thing i can think is that living in Western Sydney killed me? i did a quote for 3rd party on AAMI website - a standard V6 with a perfect driving record, and it still came to more than what some of you guys are paying for comprehensive. And with my friends paying the same amount (and living in the same area i do roughly) then maybe that is it?

i know where you live has a say in how much the premium is, i wouldn't have thought it would double it though. maybe i should move to double bay...

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
maybe its where i live thats screwing me then. because i got quotes from AAMI, Just Cars, NRMA, GIO and they were all 1800 plus, even before i had my accident.

The only thing i can think is that living in Western Sydney killed me? i did a quote for 3rd party on AAMI website - a standard V6 with a perfect driving record, and it still came to more than what some of you guys are paying for comprehensive. And with my friends paying the same amount (and living in the same area i do roughly) then maybe that is it?

i know where you live has a say in how much the premium is, i wouldn't have thought it would double it though. maybe i should move to double bay...

Or Armidale :yeah: :yeah: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: