Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

computer and cable

kezzaj666

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore ute, Manual
was just wondering if any body in the hunter valley/newcastle/central coast region has a laptop and cable and tuner pro i could throw a few bucks to, so i can hook my car up and find out what the hell is going on with it have tried everything and still wont fix it needs to be on the computer to try and rectify this problem

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Why don't you buy the cable and get the software and also unless you have the mod in your ecu to do live tuning your not going to get much more info than using a paper clip

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
That is where you are wrong ghost, as long as you have the correct programs you can use tunepro RT as the RT stands for "real time". Op have a look at my thread titled time to chop that logging. lol. im in the process of making my own cable. only going to cost me like 10 bucks

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr and vs need real time chips in the ecu to tune them either that or you need an EPROM burner want to continue?

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
kezza doesnt need it for the tuning side but for a diagnostic side to see what the car is doing ecu wise. the car has a flat spot from time to time so need the software to see if there in any issues.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
if your actually talking about tuning the ecu then you may be correct. however the way i read the ops first post, he wants to do LIVE DIAGNOSTICS!!! so deflate that puffed up chest and get your facts straight before boosting your ego. /Rant. /thread contribution

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah well I don't really care what you say I'm just stating facts that's all and as far as I'm concerned you can argue all you want but at least I'm not a cheapskate I've got enough technology in the back of my car that ill never need a mechanic a Holden dealer or an auto electrician ever again

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
You can't see a minor intermittent tps fault with a paper (unless it's big enough to throw a code ofcourse).

There's no guarantee that you will see it with a laptop either but there's a better chance to see a tps glitch on the laptop screen if you are watching the tps value and moving it slowly in rt, the best way is to have a cro hooked up but not everyone has the cash just to have one sitting collecting dust for the odd time they might want to check something in a car with that much accuracy.

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
Yeah I have the cable, laptop and RT pro software & am 10mins from Wyong if it helps

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
laptop and cable and tuner pro i could throw a few bucks to, so i can hook my car up and find out what the hell is going on with it

EFI Live, WIN ALDL & Tuner Pro with the correct cable will give you all the info needed to troubleshoot your vehicle -^- seems like you're in luck though with the above post. Won't have to pay up for a cable like this :- VR Diagnosic Cable - good luck with it, BTW having the proper cable spare in the glovebox does help alot, I use it when time permits (too busy as of late) for data logging etc.