Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Computer glitches

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Implementation of driver personalisation system within the commodore seems rather flawed.

Such system should really have physical key identification (think small electronic paper kindle like dispay) that is stored on elable of the key and within the cluster/BCM (or wherever the key id is stored). Then the user can assign a name to a key id via MyLink and that name is always shown on Mylink and/or cluster every time that key unlocks the car.

Then imaging getting into the car with your key but the car says "hello Marge", then it may be more easy to recognise that... Houston we have a problem :p:p:p

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Implementation of driver personalisation system within the commodore seems rather flawed.

Such system should really have physical key identification (think small electronic paper kindle like dispay) that is stored on elable of the key and within the cluster/BCM (or wherever the key id is stored). Then the user can assign a name to a key id via MyLink and that name is always shown on Mylink and/or cluster every time that key unlocks the car.

Then imaging getting into the car with your key but the car says "hello Marge", then it may be more easy to recognise that... Houston we have a problem :p:p:p

I think that's wishful thinking for anything from General Mayhem...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think that's wishful thinking for anything from General Mayhem...
Yeah i know.

GM designers may be capable but they are hamstrung by execs who couldn’t organise head jobs in a brothel :p:p:p

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Why do it themselves when they could pay someone else to organise one and fund it from their “all of our business loose us money so either give us tax payers money” account.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Yeah i know.

GM designers may be capable but they are hamstrung by execs who couldn’t organise head jobs in a brothel :p:p:p
Acadia had this future so GM did invest some time to personalize the keys for the drivers. You could even have up to 5 people names assigned to a single key.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Acadia had this future so GM did invest some time to personalize the keys for the drivers. You could even have up to 5 people names assigned to a single key.
What, Arcadia had electronic paper display on the key itself so it could have a name assigned? Never seen such with any motor vehicle brand... Without such key side display, it’s still not ideal as keys can get mixed up :p

Ford also had child key personalisation so the parent could assign max radio volume and other vehicle parameters specific to keys they give to their children... but like all others, the key was just black plastic with splashes of chrome :rolleyes:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
What, Arcadia had electronic paper display on the key itself so it could have a name assigned? Never seen such with any motor vehicle brand... Without such key side display, it’s still not ideal as keys can get mixed up :p

Ford also had child key personalisation so the parent could assign max radio volume and other vehicle parameters specific to keys they give to their children... but like all others, the key was just black plastic with splashes of chrome :rolleyes:
Uaually the mother and father of a family would have a key. I can see my two keys and tell them apart I am the only driver of my cars.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
... I am the only driver of my cars.
Then vehicle personalisation has no meaning to you. However, where it’s offered and useful to others, it should be logical and robust in its implementation so a car leave the owner feeling like it’s possessed :p

Disclaimer: I have personalisation turned off.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
i disabled the personalisation because when i give any trade a key i always give them the worn one the previous owner clearly used with their bloody fingernails, i get kind of miffed when i jump in and my seat and mirrors are all out though and i have to reset them. But yes, key personalisation does do some odd stuff. also why even use the lock button for anything but remote start or boot??

AreWeThereYet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6
go into the vehicle settings in the mylink and disable "personalization by driver" and your issue will be solved.
you may need to reset some settings you had but with it disabled the 2 different keys should stop conflicting.
I quite like the ability to personalise to each key, now that I know what the "problem" is and how to manage it. It is good to know I can disable "personalisation by driver", so thanks for that.