Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Computer ####ing with my fans?

HarroVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Hey guys, recently my ABS module has ####ed up and all the lights have come up on the dash but just from yesterday my fans havent turned off while the car is running. could these problems be related?
thanks guys.

matqld

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/vx ls1
oh man i dont know much about your Fan problem but once i new of a abs module playing up and it actually affected the brakes in a bad way-like real bad way, i would be getn it checked properly bro thats your life saving stoppers that are playing up there, hope you already got it fixed..

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
Check your relays

HarroVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
yeah im a railworker so i dont get much time to do much with my car but im getting a new module soon.

and my relays?

matqld

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/vx ls1
I think he ment to check your relays man that the fan one is not playing up, there in engine bay there under plastic cover, maybe there is one same as fan one, you could possibly swap over and try that to see..

HarroVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
ohk so id have to buy a new relay?

matqld

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/vx ls1
possibly, but like you though could be related to abs somehow, idk sorry, i trully would get it checked by someone who can diagnose it properly, possible someone on here has in-depth knoledge of the engine control unit, body control module and wiring ect but unfortunatly i dont and would not want to steer you in the wrong direction. all i know is i have an abs wiring connector in my car, but i took out the abs module as the car itself was not abs, and holden had told me there would be np without the abs module there so thats what i did.. i would probably think your fans are doing that for a diff reason then the abs but i trully would take it to holden when you can.

HarroVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
yeah no dramas mate. thanks for the help!

tezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
If the abs module is faulty I believe the fans will stay on. Failsafe I guess.

You can disconnect the abs module which will let everything else work as normal except for the abs and traction control if you have it fitted.