Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

computer problems

JuzAnothaHoon

JuzAnothaHoon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
i have a vr manual with a vs engine... when they have done the engine and gearbox conversion they havnt changed the computer over to a vs manual computer.. they put a vs automatic computer in instead... so i have brought a vs manual computer today and pluged it in and it wont start.. does any1 no why im having this problem????
thanks

redvsberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series II berlina
Is it a manual or auto loom

jujibelly

ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Umm was the BCM changed? If so you need the keyhead. I doubt you replaced that though.

JuzAnothaHoon

JuzAnothaHoon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
to be honest man i dunt no a **** load about it all so wats a loom.. and no doubt its a auto loom if they didnt change the computer to a manual one i would say everythin else in the car would be a auto too.... where is the loom located and how can i find out if its manual or auto.. i juz got the gearbox rebuilt and ive been told that its runing like **** because of the computer,,

JuzAnothaHoon

JuzAnothaHoon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
yes the bcm has been changed but furk noes wats in it cuz i brought the car off some dikhed that has ***ed around with it soo much.... i hav spent a shitload of money on it but everytime i atempt to fix something it turns into major problems cuz da dikhead i brought it off dunt no wtf he was doing.

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
I think (not 100%) that the problem is the switch that is on the auto to stop you starting it in gear. In the manual this link is just shorted out. do a search for "transmission switch" or something like that.

Hope this helps

Mike

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
It could be your problem then. There are a few threads that explain it a bit more clearly than I have. Have a search around the forum.

Mike

JuzAnothaHoon

JuzAnothaHoon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
its always had the vs automatic computer in it.. when i brought it,, it had been converted to a vs enginge and manual.. it starts when i put the vs automatic computer in but when i put the vs manual computer in it wont fire up.. it turns over juz wont fire up.. it runs with the automatic computer in it but it runs like **** and ive only juz reliesed it runs like **** because it has the wrong computerin it