Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Computer Swaps

Dazza18567

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 06
Ok so ill make this short i got given an old VZ 2005 as the computers were stuffed and had the low fuel no start error
The relay bypass got it started no issue hooked up the obd2 and found the errors it had ABS fault and the low fuel error
so i swapped out the ecu bcm and pim i had from an old VZ known good computer all good
she now starts with the key correct specs 588 mid ect exact same
My issue now is its throwing like 8 bcm codes crank angle o2 sensors camshaft left bank high voltage bla bla and the check power train
message comes up on start up
it drives fine runs really well to well to have all the errors it s throwing but im curios as to why the old BCM ECU and PIM didnt show these errors if the engine actually has these malfunctions to begin with anyone got an idea on why it may be ?
I had one thought that the ecu calibration maybe set to a different engine / make and model would that cause these kind of issues ?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Don’t do it unless you have a device/scanner to program it, (pending it’s the correct one)
and/or link it !

Last edited:

Dazza18567

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 06
I do have a really good OBD2 scanner but its running so im not going to push my luck and mess with trying to link it would that be the possible issue its not linked correctly? im more curious than anything