Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

computer upgrade

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
:) :) :) :)

Last edited:

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
frenzal_tom said:
needa upgrade computer just got some questions
m/b booklet says it can handle upto 3200+ amd processor so can i still get 32 bit processor??
aswell the memory its says can handle upto 2gb of pc2700/2100 but only can get 3200 will it still work??
umm..
i think thats all
if i needa new m/b wot do u suggest i wanna get an amd processor
thankss

I run my own computer business. The RAM will work fine.. itll run at the slower speed.. if you want the AMD3200+ you will have to hunt around a bit.. it isnt the newest CPU out anymore.. try the swapmeets?

Good luck :thumbsup:

frenzal_tom

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS2 Berlina
yehh
all ive been seeing is amd 64bits now and my m/b doesnt support that
any suggestions on which m/b i should get??
wif the ram thanks alot about that

frenzal_tom

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS2 Berlina
yeh the upgrade for me if i cant find a 32bit processor will be a 64bit wif new m/b, ram, bigger hard, mayb tv card, dvd burner

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
yeah with the memory if you put a stick of pc3200 in with a stick of pc2700 it will slow down to the slowest piece, ie. the pc3200 chip will run at pc2700 instead. :thumbsup:

check out www.staticice.com.au
put in the item that you want and it will give you a listing of competitive prices from many stores. very hand site. :w00t:

DavoTheGreat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series ClubSport
MSY are fine if you know what you want to buy. Don't expect customer service from them though, and they're difficult if you get something DOA and try to take it back. But they're still generally the cheapest place in Sydney. For some parts, Umart and IT Estate can be cheaper. Oh and just because MSY have a part listed on their pricelist doesn't mean they have stock of it - make sure you ring in advance (not that they ever answer their phone!) and have an alternate part of two in mind (ie brand changing etc) in case they don't have what you want. Oh and they won't sell you a processor individually without you buying a motherboard. Beats me why.

frenzal_tom

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS2 Berlina
yeh i need a new m/b if i upgrade any way
i hrd by the end of this month when the new intel comes out AMD will drop by upto 50% for there processors so ill just wait till then and get dual core!