Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Conclusive answers about VZ clusters

rebecca22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Someone mentioned on this post that the local mechanic reset the SRS Air Bag Code. I thought this could only be done by Holden? I have the VCM Suite and can reprogram my ECU but can't clear SRS codes or preprogram Clusters. Would the mechanic have a Tech2? Can you buy a Tech2 from Holden? Does anyone know if the Tech2 cables on ebay allow the SRS fault to be cleared.
Rgs
'bec

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
if you want the cheapest way, pay an auto electrician with a capable scan tool to reset the codes. if he charges more than 30 bucks he'd be ripping you off

rebecca22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I bought a nice scan tool on ebay but it doesn't reset srs codes, only normal engine codes. anyone know any better tools?

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
you or the mechanic would either need a holden tech2 worth about 15k or an aftermarket tech2 worth 5k.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Anyone? Anyone?

Not in the "affordable" range anyway. I've been told the real deal is like $12,000 and the copy is around $6,000. But that is just what I've been told.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the Tech2 can be got on ebay , its the same unit as the dealers use without the GM branding
made by HP last one i saw was about $5k landed here
Holden dealers pay about $8k through GM

all you need to do then is get hold of the Holden Software for it.lol

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride

bludeck

Wishlist = Blowa
Reaction score
Members Ride
jj
can anyone recommend somone other then a dealer on the Gold Coast that can setup my new cluster? also how much should i expect to be charged?
/thanks matt

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
can anyone recommend somone other then a dealer on the Gold Coast that can setup my new cluster? also how much should i expect to be charged?
/thanks matt

is the car the cluster came from a comparable car? i,e same gearbox, same diff ratio, engine etc?

if so, if a workshop has a up to date scan tool capable of small programming jobs, all they need to do is change the srs loop to the correct setting, plug the new cluster in, if it works and no error pop up, and the speedo is accurate, dont worry about it,

generally though, the most common is srs loop being incorrectly set due to the posher clusters comming fro cars with more airbags etc