Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

conficker the next Y2K?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
was fine yesterday didnt have any at all turned it on today and task manager went haywire with heaps of things starting up at once trusty old superantispyware ridded me of the little buggas but it took a while as they were causing it to crash but i got them in the end.some had cloned themselves as svhost and were trying to gain access to the net.

jameswh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II S S/C
I had a chaotic time with Conficker at work.
It infected our Symantec server (yep, go figure), which is also our DNS server. So, people had an awfully hard time resolving host names and such, which meant that a lot of network shares were inaccessible. Had to change the DNS addresses on a lot of our servers to a co-lo DNS server that we have in Pitt Street while I stabbed away at Conficker. Wasn't fun at all.
Thankfully, not too many client PCs were infected.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I had a chaotic time with Conficker at work.
It infected our Symantec server (yep, go figure), which is also our DNS server. So, people had an awfully hard time resolving host names and such, which meant that a lot of network shares were inaccessible. Had to change the DNS addresses on a lot of our servers to a co-lo DNS server that we have in Pitt Street while I stabbed away at Conficker. Wasn't fun at all.
Thankfully, not too many client PCs were infected.

Virtual servers FTW ;)

jameswh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II S S/C
Virtual servers FTW ;)

You try negotiating that with my boss! It's impossible!
We quite literally have about 30 servers sitting in our server room. It's bloody ridiculous.
You don't want to be around when the air conditioning fails. : \