Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Considering buying a motorbike for work

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I was considering getting a bike as well cos I don't want rack up too many k's on my VS.
But mamma don't want me to!!! It's quite dangerous actually.

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
I looked at getting a bike but the price people want for a early 90's CBR250 is ridiculous (about 3 to 4 grand for a bike that would of only retailed for about 10 grand when new). I only do 50km a day to and from work so it would take forever to recoup the money spent on the bike with the decreased fuel costs also your twice as likely to die on a bike as in a car so for me it just didnt stack up.

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
the postie bike i have definately considered. i wasn't sure if it even reached 100, but if it does thats enough for me (for the few seconds i actually reach 100 on the freeway in peak hour)

my only problem with buying a bike is to be quite honest i'm scared. so many people don't even check their blindspot for cars, let alone bikes. so yeah i'm scared of something going wrong, and it all being over
Taking a ct110 out on the freeway is not a good idea.
In fact it's a death wish especially in peak hour as you describe.
They are gutless and do not have the abillity to get you out of sticky situations,be it on a freeway or highway.