Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Constantly adjusting clutch!

skitzone80b

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr executive
Hey guys this is about the second time I've had to do it in 4-500 kms on my t5. Is there meant to be a locking nut behind the adjuster ? Or is my cable stretched to fark?

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
Hey guys this is about the second time I've had to do it in 4-500 kms on my t5. Is there meant to be a locking nut behind the adjuster ? Or is my cable stretched to fark?

if you mean the long plastic adjuster on the cable then no - no locknut.

without knowing the story your fix may be the pivot in bellhousing or fork - gearbox out job - cable is not really a silver bullet for clutch points.

If it helps you.... zip or hose clamp are good.

Last edited:

NPreston

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC
I adjust my clutch by measuring from the floor to the top of the pedal with the rubber pad removed, once that is right I place two zip ties behind the plastic nut.
If not zip tied I find the nut loosens and the cable becomes out of adjustment.
Hope this helps.

skitzone80b

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr executive
Thank you Npreston I will definitely give that a go mate thought it might not have a washer up near the pedal box or something he's going to come give me a hand later. The adjuster does keep coming loose as both times I've been able to tension it with my fingers. I'll try the zip tie and hopefully it's not something more drastic like previously mentioned.

NPreston

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC
I can adjust my cable with my fingers too.
I had the same problem on a new VH 4.2 as well. Get out and get under about every 5000kms.

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
Yeah I get the same problem with my T5 as well, I've been told some also use a small hose clamp on each side to stop it from moving.